Blu-ray DVD players today come in a lot of price ranges. You can find one for as low as $100 but the other end can reach as high as $1000. Technology is improving each passing day and a lot of things have happened in blu-ray DVDs in terms of picture quality, optical technology, audio capabilities, etc. This has led to the vast spectrum of prices and models in these DVD players. No wonder making a decision on which blu-ray DVD player to buy for your home can be an overwhelming experience especially when there are hundreds of options in front of you.
What we have done for you here is to filter the top ten blu-ray DVD players from the rest of the crowd and bring to you their features along with their pros and cons and help you in your decision making.
Samsung UBD-K8500 3D Wi-Fi 4K ultra HD blu-ray player
The UBD-K8500 blu-ray DVD from Samsung is a contemporary looking disc player comprising a curved design along with a brushed finish that can complement any AV system beautifully and can be a great addition to your media/living room. Priced at around $250, the Samsung UBD-K8500 offers all that you would probably need from a blu-ray DVD player at a very affordable price
- Priced very reasonably for all the features that it comes with.
- Can play ultra-high-definition 4K blu-ray discs with the best-quality video available.
- Provides users with a quick loading time.
- Has an annoying remote.
- The remote lacks fast-forward and fast-backward buttons.
- Not many 4K videos are available today, so that functionality cannot be fully used.
Sony BDPS6700 4K upscaling 3D streaming blu-ray disc player
If you are looking for a very smart, sleek and small blu-ray DVD player, this BDPS6700 4K model from Sony is sure to win your heart. Priced at $130 and weighing about 3.1 lbs, the Sony BDPS6700 offers a great image quality, amazing Wi-Fi performance and 1080p upscaling, among other features.
- Offers excellent blu-ray images.
- Offers a dual core processor along with dual band Wi-Fi
- Comes with a great user interface.
- Comes with an average build quality.
- Bluetooth functionality is not great.
- Works well with Android devices but not so great with iOS devices.
Sony BDPS3500 blu-ray player with Wi-Fi
The Sony BDPS3500 is a great blu-ray DVD player that comes with a built-in Wi-Fi. Using this blu-ray DVD player, you can easily access your catch-up TV along with the amazing library of games, movies and music. In addition to this, this DVD player can also seamlessly access photos, videos and music from your smart phones.
- Comes with a very quick start time.
- Includes the 1080p upscaling.
- Have access to the Sony entertainment network.
- Lacks the 4K and 3D capabilities.
- The super Wi-Fi connectivity is not true although it is not bad either.
Magnavox MBP1500/F7 blu-ray disc player
Looking for a blu-ray DVD player that gives you just the basic functionality at a very affordable price? The Magnavox MBP1500/F7 blu-ray disc player is what you need. This one comes with a USB port that helps to access your media stored on flash drives. The MBP1500 blu-ray DVD player offers HDMI outputs for both video and audio.
- Offers 1080p upscaling.
- Comes with the in-built CD and CD-R/RW playback functionality.
- Does not offer any internet connectivity – Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Fails to access services such as Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc.
- Is not compatible with ultra-high-definition blu-ray discs.
Samsung BD-J5700 curved blu-ray player with Wi-Fi
This is another standard blu-ray DVD player from Samsung that plays all normal rewritable discs, DVDs, CDs and blu-ray discs. The built-in Wi-Fi function comes handy in streaming audio and video from your TV or smart phone or smart devices.
- Can access apps such as Netflix, YouTube, etc. using the in-built internet connectivity option.
- Has a multi-functional remote control with a clear layout.
- Has a smart body with a contemporary, curvy design.
- The body lack any panel display or menu options.
Samsung BD-JM51 blu-ray disc player
Priced at a very affordable $60, this one from Samsung is perhaps the cheapest blu-ray DVD player from this big brand. For the price, this model offers a lot – access to free online content, has one HDMI output and is DLNA certified.
- Comes at a great price with the basic functionality.
- Does not offer 4K capability.
- Does not offer web browsing functionality.
- Does not come with Wi-Fi capability.
Sony BDPS3700 streaming blu-ray disc player with Wi-Fi
The BDP-S3700 from Sony is another great blu-ray player that provides you with a lot of features and comes at a very reasonable price compared to many other blu-ray players you see in the market from the top companies.
- Offers great value for the money.
- Comes with a decent disc loading time.
- Lacks input responsiveness.
- Implementation of PlayStation is poor.
Sony S5500 2D/3D multi-system region-free zone free blu-ray disc DVD player
Many people are just after a streaming box that does more than just playing blu-ray discs. This is where the S5500 from Sony wins the race. With its very affordable price, it a complete steal and a great bargain.
- Provides great picture quality in a very compact package.
- Can play PlayStation Now games.
- Is very slow to load streaming apps
- Lacks display or playback options.
Samsung BD-J5100 curved blu-ray DVD player
This one from Samsung weighs about 2.4 pounds and measures 11.4 inches by 8.7 inches by 1.6 inches. Using this blu-ray DVD player, you can easily access apps such as YouTube, Amazon, Netflix, etc.
- Comes with a USB port
- Offers smart functionality in terms of TV apps, etc.
- Is not one of the best from Samsung.
- Can be slow and sluggish at times.
Samsung blu-ray DVD disc player with built-in Wi-Fi
This blu-ray player from Samsung comes with built-in Wi-Fi capability so can easily stream movies, music and other media content from different apps such as YouTube, Pandora, Hulu, etc. and also from your smart devices. Some of its other features are a quick start mode and 1080p upscaling.
- Offers great Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Takes very less load time.
- Can have more than one HDMI output.